Buy on Black Friday,
Buy on Small Biz Saturday,
Buy on Cyber Monday,
Then give on Giving Tuesday!
When the holidays roll around it is easy to get into the buy – buy – buy mindset, and give only as an afterthought as you exit the big store and drop change into the little red kettles. But there is a whole new way to give a new gift this year, and that’s with #Giving Tuesday!
About #Giving Tuesday
- Giving Tuesday is a global giving movement that happens each year the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.A).
- Powered by social media and collaboration, #Giving Tuesday is the kick start to the charitable season of gift giving.
- Created by the team at the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at the 92nd Street Y, #Giving Tuesday is in its seventh annual year.
You can make a difference to the ladies of Mary Ryder Home!
Tuesday November 27, 2018 from midnight to midnight!
- Make a philanthropic gift to the Mary Ryder Home on by clicking our Donate Now button.
- Make a charitable donation of goods to Mary Ryder Home off our Resident Registry (especially off the Holiday Edition).
- Join the #Giving Tuesday movement and tell all your friends and colleagues about this event!
- Share, Tweet and Follow #GivingTuesday and @MaryRyderHome on your social media accounts.
What will Mary Ryder Home do with funds & donations raised on #Giving Tuesday this year?
- This year funds are being given to home-updates. New dishwasher and new steamer for our kitchen are two things your funds will help provide.
- Our ladies love to go on outing this time of year – apple picking at Eckert’s and seeing the Christmas lights at Tilles Park. Funds will help provide transportation.
- Resident Registry donations may be used as prizes for holiday parties or as part of a Christmas gift for our ladies!
Please know that #Giving Tuesday is only a movement and the www.givingtuesday.org website DOES NOT accept donations on behalf of non-profits.